Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ode to Figlio's Tortellini

I'd just like to thank Il Gatto for featuring a section on their new menu at their newly revamped-cat/Italian themed, black walled restaurant titled, "Can't Get Over Figlio?"  The answer is no, we cannot.  And by "we" I'm referring to my friend and myself who have loved Figlio's "Tortellini Baronessa" for years now.  And, apparently we are not alone due to the fact it has been one of seven menu items to be carried over from a previously extensive Figlio's menu.

Now, this is a simple dish.  Creamy, tender little tortellini presents of goodness filled with cheese, salty/chewy shavings of prosciutto, little al dente green peas, and of course, plenty of creamy/buttery goodness with tons of bread on the side to soak up all the extra sauce (and please, no mushrooms).

It's reminiscent of a dish my mom makes after ever Thanksgiving (like I've said, we have ham, not Turkey) called "noodles and ham"with linguine, chunks of honey baked ham, peas and a wonderful cream sauce with lots of shredded Parmesan on top.

Although, I believe it is overpriced/under-served, it is rich, filling, comforting, and reliably delicious.

So, once again, thank you Il Gatto for providing us with this Figlio treat.

1 comment:

Followers