Friday, November 19, 2010

Pre-Blog

I was always told to not play with my food, but for a long time now I've been guilty of taking pictures of my food.  I often embarrass my friends in restaurants and halt my family's dinner to take pictures of the food we are about to eat.  I mean it took effort to prepare, why not appreciate that both in the moment and later visually?  It is also a good way to remember recipes I've enjoyed or dishes I've ordered.  I'd like to share some of my favorite food photographs from this past summer that are pb.  Pre-blog.  The reason I started this blog was because I knew I needed something to do with all of these pictures.  So please, enjoy viewing as much as I enjoyed eating them!

My mom and I attempted a Bobby Flay salad with shrimp and mangoes (grilled tomato and avocado on the side)

I made the delicious pasta featured on Food Network's June issue
Red pepper, tomato, basil, garlic and provolone open-faced sandwich

Sweet potatoes and onions on the grill

Grilled potatoes, veggies and pork on the grill

Lemon and garlic green beans, Sicilian penne with cauliflower and grilled chicken
Findings from the Farmer's Market

Basil gnocchi with heirloom tomatoes and toasted pine nuts

Grilled chicken, potatoes and peaches a la Lee Swanson


Basil linguine with fresh basil, tomatoes and parm

Vegetable tempura from Sushi Tango

Ratatouille pasta at Lucia's


Asparagus soup with basil and goat cheese

Breakfast at Grand Cafe
Roasted tomato ravioli with capers from French Meadow Bakery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers