Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Saucy Easter

I call it that because it twas a day of sauces.  My mom made a béchamel and I tackled a hollandaise a la Eric Ripert.  My brother and sister-in-law were in town for the weekend and 24 eggs and 5 sticks of butter later, we had a delicious Easter brunch spread.

Separating egg yolks for the hollandaise

Brown sugar + bacon = candied bacon = irresistible


Can't have Easter without deviled eggs

Roasted asparagus w/parmesan





Asparagus w/ Hollandaise



Gravlax from Ikea (lol)

Bon Appétit walked me through an easy blender hollandaise

Spinach baked w/eggs, parmesan & béchamel sauce





We lazily made Crescent rolls but added a twist with shredded cheddar


Lemon pound cake w/sour cream


3 comments:

  1. If I hadn't eaten a 14 inch sandwich...
    d.a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. instead of 10 minutes of cram studying i reread the entirety of your blog posts. i am hungry. 130pm Pleasant kitchen.

    ps. it was saucy for other reasons. just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Followers