Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Goodbye Town Talk Diner

Sadly, I will have to remove Town Talk Diner from my "Where Should You Eat" list on my blog because they will be closing their doors.  This was a great place to get great comfort food, as they specialized in the "finer diner".  Great burgers, mac n cheese, fried chicken, various apps...It was the perfect juxtaposition of fine high quality dining and causal diner comfort food, demonstrated by the server's attire of blue jeans and black suit coats.  Although I never got to try them, they also had a great list of award winning cocktails, including a bacon infused martini.  It was cool to have such a gem in its location on Lake Street, which is not a place where you can normally find many places with food of such high quality.  The location and lack of parking proved to be the pitfall, although I'm surpried business was hurting because I know it was a cherished South Minneapolis spot.  But restaurants will always close and new ones will open.


Town Talk Diner, you will be missed.


It's a good thing I was able to bring my cousin from out of town there this summer before they closed.



Read here for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers